NGSO 2021: Home Is Where the Farm Is
Sept 12 - Sept 19, 2021
Welcome to the Farm! The Graduate Life Office (GLO) coordinates New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) to welcome and orient new graduate students to Stanford. This year, we are inviting both incoming students and rising second years (who weren't able to experience NGSO in-person last year) to attend. Our goal is to connect new graduate students with useful campus resources that will assist them during their time as graduate students.
While attendance is not mandatory, we encourage all incoming students to attend as many events as possible. NGSO offerings are designed to equip students with the skills and resources necessary to meet the challenges of graduate life. By the end of NGSO, we hope you will begin to see that home is where the Farm is.
Students will soon be added to an NGSO Canvas Course that contain updates and information on NGSO. Please keep an eye out for the email invitation. You may also find information about our upcoming NGSO events by following us on Instagram.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Graduate Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made by 5:00pm September 7, 2021.
Face coverings will be required at all NGSO events. Events with no RSVP will be first-come, first served.
NGSO 2021 will offer both in-person and virtual events with offerings from:
- BEAM, Stanford Career Education
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL): Presentation & Worksheet
- Community Centers
- Graduate Life Office (GLO): Grad 101 Presentation
- Graduate Student Programming Board (GSPB)
- Graduate Student Council (GSC)
- Hoover Institute Library & Archives: Video Link
- Hume Center for Writing and Speaking
- Office for Religious & Spiritual Life
- Office of Accessible Education
- Office of Inclusion, Community and Integrative Learning
- Sexual Harassment/Assault Response & Education (SHARE) Title IX Office
- Stanford Alumni Association
- Stanford Athletics
- Stanford Bookstore: Welcome to Stanford Bookstore
- Stanford Federal Credit Union & Mind Over Money
- Stanford Libraries
- Bowes Art & Architecture Library
- David Rumsey Map Center
- Green Library
- Music Library and Archive of Recorded Sound
- Science and Engineering Libraries (SERG)
- Stanford Recreation and Wellness
- Stanford Transportation
- Vaden Health Services: Presentation
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Well-Being at Stanford
- VPGE (Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education)
Note: In-person events will be first-come, first served. Face coverings are required for all in-person events.
The Welcome and Information Table at NGSO is a space where graduate students, whether new, transfer, or current, can come to get a host of information. Stop by to get your questions answered by a fellow grad student!
Location: Between EVGR B and EVGR C, next to lawn
Hours: 9am-5pm | Monday, 9.13 - Friday, 9/17