Meet Your NGSO Coordinators
A Message from the Coordinators
Dear New Graduate Students,
We're thrilled to welcome you to our Stanford family! Get ready to be introduced to our sunny, gorgeous campus during the New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO). At Stanford, we believe that each individual's journey is unique and filled with various chapters that make up their personal story. Our theme, "One Stanford, Many Stories," celebrates the diversity of experiences and perspectives that every student brings to our community. NGSO marks the exciting beginning of your journey, where the pages of your story will be filled with a multitude of opportunities and experiences, each more diverse and inspiring than the last. We have curated an all-encompassing schedule of events and resources that reflect the richness of our campus life. From sports events to cultural centers, trivia nights to grad school strategies, the options are limitless. At each of these events, you'll be warmly welcomed by our event organizers, graduate life deans, student volunteers, and campus staff. They are here to support you on your journey and help you experience your unique Stanford story. Remember to stay updated on the latest NGSO events and information by visiting ngso.stanford.edu. We encourage you to immerse yourself fully in this incredible adventure. Embrace the opportunities, make meaningful connections, and craft the story that defines your time at Stanford. As you meet your fellow students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, we're certain that you'll find inspiration, knowledge, and friendship that will shape your path ahead. Your journey at Stanford is about to unfold, and we can't wait to be a part of this new chapter!
- Ariel, Bella, Leon
- Where are you from? Malaysia
- What do you study? Epidemiology and Clinical Research
- What's your favorite thing to do on (or around) campus? Finding beautiful spots to stretch out with good books and friends!
- What are you looking forward to at NGSO? Meeting new people!
- One piece of advice you wish to share with incoming grads? You are not here by mistake. This next season and new chapter will bring both challenges and growth. Lean into that excitement, listen for your calling and above all, choose kindness.