Seeking Paid Graduate Student Information Center Staff
Graduate Student Information Center (GSIC) Representative
The Graduate Life Office hosts the Graduate Student Information Center (GSIC) as a space where graduate students, whether new, transfer, or current, can come to get a host of information and meet other graduate students. This year, the GSIC will begin Monday, September 11th and end on Monday, September 25th. It is located on the second floor of the Graduate Community Center (GCC) in the Bogota Room, Room #212.
Every year, we hire knowledgeable, returning students to help run the GSIC. The Graduate Life Office is hoping to hire a few students to work with us part-time for the month of September.
Some of the duties include (but are not limited to):
- Providing friendly, knowledgeable information and answers to new and transfer students, their spouses, partners and staff
- General office tasks such as answering phones, photocopying, and sending emails
- Contacting other University Department and staff in a concise, friendly manner
- Interact with a wide range of people, including University Staff, Faculty, Students and families
- Provide information on New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) and events
- Working closely with NGSO Coordinators and volunteers (providing data when needed)
- Other tasks as needed
- Position starts at $20/hour
If you or anyone you know is interested, please apply at http://web.stanford.edu/~cgibo/GSICapplication.fb. Please submit you application by August 14, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact Andy Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-736-7078.