New Graduate Student Orientation 2020
REFOCUS & REIMAGINE | Aug 31-Sept 11
The Graduate Life Office (GLO) coordinates New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) to welcome and orient new graduate students to Stanford. NGSO programs are open to all new graduate students. This year, we will work together as a community to address the challenges presented by the global pandemic and social injustice. Our goal for NGSO is to inform and connect new graduate students to useful campus resources that will assist you during your time as a graduate student.
During NGSO, we invite you to REFOCUS and REIMAGINE. We hope you will attend as many events as possible to help you REFOCUS your strengths and build your toolboxes to meet new challenges ahead. We hope you are able to REIMAGINE your path during these unprecedented times, as you work towards a successful graduate career.
NGSO 2020 will be largely virtual, so please pay close attention to this site and the Grad Connect Canvas site for the most up-to-date information.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Graduate Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made by 5:00 pm August 24, 2020.
All NGSO programming will be hosted online via GradConnect. Offerings will include synchronous and asynchronous events from:
- Adventure Programs*
- BEAM, Stanford Career Education**
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- Community Centers
- Asian American Activities Center
- Black Community Services Center
- El Centro Chicano y Latino
- Markaz Resource Center
- Native American Cultural Center
- Graduate Life Office**
- Graduate Student Council (GSC)/DAC
- Haas Center for Public Service*
- Health and Human Performance*
- Hume Center*
- Mind Over Money
- Office of Accessible Education*
- Office of Community Standards*
- Office of Religious Life
- Office of Student Engagement*
- Peer Technology Specialist*
- Recreation and Wellness**
- The Schwab Learning Center**
- Stanford Athletics
- Stanford Federal Credit Union*
- Stanford Libraries
- Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP)*
- Stanford Venture Studio*
- TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy*
- Vaden Health Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Well-Being at Stanford
- VPGE (Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education)
*OFFERING VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS ONLY
**OFFERING PROGRAMMING & VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
Please check back for updates.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Need to get connected to Canvas? Follow this link to get connected to GradConnect to view all NGSO events:
For questions or concerns unrelated to NGSO, please check out our Info for Incoming Graduate Students page for more details.